-Red wine vinegar
I have been really into eating healthier recently so after searching high and low for delicious but also healthy looking recipes I stumbled across this. I adapted this recipe from the blog eat-yourself-skinny which has so many tasty looking things to try! Originally I made this with Quinoa, but as I forgot to buy it in (oops), I had to do without.
I am not a massive lover of salads but this one I can make an acceptation, it is so easy to make so if you're a rubbish cook like me, it's perfect!
- I first prepare by cooking my chicken, usually do this in the oven at around 160 degrees C for 45 minutes (wrapped in tinfoil so it doesn't dry out)
- As the chicken is cooking, I wash peel and dice my sweet potato into (kinda) cube shapes.
- I then put the sweet potato cubes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and garlic and pop them in the oven (at about 200 degrees C) and cook them for 30 mins (flipping them halfway through.
- As everything is cooking nicely, I hope, I wash my kale and spinach and put them in a big bowl.
- I then add cranberries, and the dressing.
-To make the dressing I used 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil and a tiny little dash of honey.
- After everything is cooked pop in your potato and chicken and mix together and you're ready to rock and roll.
The original recipe uses Quinoa (which I have tried with this and is also delicious) but I also added in chicken and spinach.
I was always a really unhealthy eater, pizzas, chocolate, you name it, I ate it. It isn't until the past couple of weeks that I have made a conscious effort to eat healthier and actually think about what I am putting into my body. So far, it's going okay, I still can't resist pizza and chocolate but at least it's not every day!
I would love to hear about healthy recipes anyone recommends (preferably for beginners, because I really am an awful cook!) And any healthy eating bloggers links would be amazing!
Original recipe: Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Kale Salad