The Fashion Undateables

Fashion Undateables


House of Fraser are hosting a Styling competition called 'The Fashion Undateable's'.  Basically after choosing between two guys to style (Jarrod or Melvin) I had to style them a perfect date night outfit.




Jarrod's profile states he is a 28 year old male who likes spending time with the 'lads'. Keeping this in mind I began my search on the House of Fraser website to create the perfect date night outfit for the lads' lad. I got the vibe Jarrod wasn't really a 'dress up smart in a suit and tie' kind of guy so I opted for an outfit which was smart/casual to ensure he would still feel comfortable.

I chose the theoretcial date night to be a dinner, with a possibility of drinks afterwards. Denim is a wonderful thing. It can be worn casual or dressed up to create an evening look. Taking these Burton Skinny Jeans, I teamed them with a simplistic white tee. Stopping here, this would be the perfect daytime outfit, however seeing as Jarrod is going on a hot date, I then decided to add a smart shirt  which he would wear over the top (unbuttoned, of course). So far so smart, but even guys need accessories. I then added some classic casual converse to keep the laid back vibe to the outfit and finished it all off with a smart Marc Jacobs watch.

I feel like this outfit is smart and on trend but not too try hard. Taking hints from his profile, I think Jarrod will wear this feeling comfortable and look dapper for his date.

You can see all the competition details here if you fancied having a go yourself. You can also shop the whole look I created over on the House of Fraser menswear section here.

Shirt / Tee / Jeans / Converse / Watch

No comments

I appreciate every single comment and will try my best to always reply.