Before I even start this post I am just going to put it out there: In no way am I a professional make up artist, I can just about manage to make myself look half decent so this tutorial and look is what I like, and what I do. House of Fraser contacted me and asked me to collaborate with them on creating a summer festival/party look. This summer I am attending various parties from birthdays to graduation celebrations to weddings and I can't wait to get myself glammed up, so I thought I would show you a how too on one of my fave summer looks.
1. Get your base: Start by using your favourite primer, followed by your foundation of choice. I buffed my Rimmel Match perfect foundation into my skin using my Zoeva 104 Buffer brush.
2. Cover it: After i've got a good foundation base I begin to cover up my pesky spots using the Mac pro long-wear concealer. Remember to finish this step off with a powder, I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in translucent.
3. Brow Time: Using a combination of a brow pencil and powder, I underline my brows and fill them in using the Zoeva 322 Brow Line brush. I then finish them off and keep them in place with the Maybelline brow gel.
4. Shadow: Taking my W7 palette I take I pat on a cream shade as a base colour on my lids. I then take a bronze and gold shade, combine the two and pat it in, again all over my eye lids.
5. Colour it in: Taking a little No.7 shadow I darken my crease and the outer of my eye lids to give my eyes more depth.
6.Highlight those Brows: Taking a shimmery white shade from my Naked Basics palette I gently highlight under my brow bone to make those bad boys stand out.
7. Taking my Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush, I dip it into my black gel eyeliner and create a subtle cat eye look. When this had been perfected, I took my Mac false lashes mascara* and added a couple of coats to each eye.
8. Glow: With my Rimmel Bronzer and bronzer brush I run the colour in a motion of '3' down the side of my face.
9. Liven it up: To add some pretty colours to my face I take the Naked flushed palette* by Urban Decay and use the blush on the apples of my cheeks.
10. Shimmer: Using the same Naked flushed palette* I take the highlight colour and add this to the top of my cheek bones, running up towards my temple.
11. Contour: To add a slight contour I take the bronzer out of the same palette and with my Zoeva 109 Luxe Face Paint, I add some shadow under my cheeks.
12. Line it: Using my Mac Lip liner in the colour spice, I line my lips and shade in the edges, yes I look ridiculous and this point, No I am not staying like this.
13. Perfect the pout: Finally, I take the Mac Lipstick in the colour Shanghai Spice* and fill in my lips with an all over colour.
1.Rimmel Fixy and Perfect Pro Primer / 2. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 100 Ivory / 3. Lasting perfection concealer / 4. Mac pro long-wear concealer in NW15 / 5. Rimmel Stay Matte powder in transluscent
6. Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzer in Light Matte
7. Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette in Strip*
8. Mac False lashes Mascara* / 9. No7 eyeshadow / 10. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette / 11. Maybelline Brow Satin Pencil in Medium Brown / 12. Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown / 13. Benefit eyeshadow primer / 14. Seventeen Gel Eye liner
15. W7 In the Buff Palette
16. Mac Lip Liner in Spice / 17. Mac Lipstick in Shanghai Spice*
I'm so sorry for the amount of text and images in this post! I love this makeup look and feel like I am definitely going to over wear it this summer. House of Fraser have a fab selection of makeup which can help you create this look or your own favourite look. You can shop the Mac Products I used here, and the Urban Decay products I used here. Let me know what you think of your looks and please feel free to tag me on insta (@emmakellyxxx) with the looks you have created, every girl needs a bit of inspo!
** Items marked with an Asterix have been sent to me by House of Fraser.