Degree: Fashion Communication

Life // What does a Fashion communication and promotions student do?




Before I went to university, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I didn't know how many courses were out there to choose from, what they all had to offer, and which was the best place to go for them. I'm not going to lie, although I have been interested in fashion for a while, I had no idea I wanted to do it as a career until I found this course. I thought I would share the wonders of this course with you all, and maybe give someone some insight if they were looking to go into fashion but didn't know what.

I study this course at Huddersfield Uni which is a lovely little place, I have met the nicest people and it isn't true at all that all fashion students are bitchy. The course itself covers so many different areas, from styling, PR, Marketing, Trend forecasting, Photo shoot planning, connecting with creatives, fashion journalism and so on. From coming in knowing hardly any industry skills in the first year, I am now in the third year, feeling stressed (deadlines) but ready to get a 'real job' (scary).

This course prepares you for the real world, the world in industry. It lets you explore so many areas of fashion and helps you decide what you want to be and do. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you know what you want to do until you've been out there and tried it, but for me this is a great stepping stone. 












10 comments

  1. Love this collage looks very professional! I hope you continue to enjoy your course, I studied Fashion Marketing which is very similar! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of wish I did a degree in fashion rather than psychology!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good, and I did a similar short course at LCF and loved it.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great course, lovely post :)

    By the way you have a new follower :), would love if you could check out mine

    x

    fashion-nerdette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! Good luck for your third year at uni! It will be totally worth all the hard work in the end. Do you know what area of fashion you would like to work in when you graduate? Either way writing a blog is a fantastic way to get yourself out there :) Keep up the good work! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this inspiration moodboard, especially the lippy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huddersfield Uni is so cute and lovely, you're right. I had no idea that the course could be so varied, it makes it all the more interesting :)

    Rebecca
    rebeccamariee.blgospot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's great that you're doing something you love! Lovely post xx

    www.itslilylocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and will try my best to always reply.